Cash into the Trash


Cash into the Trash

these are the new "Reissued" shoes
these are the vintage ones, like the ones I had
          Once upon a time I had a pair of shoes. They weren’t particularly pretty, they weren’t super confortable, and I’m not even altogether sure they were even the right size, but… they were my cool shoes. They were red and plastic. They had these microfibers of glitter or something that made them seem like they had mini rainbows in them. I got them for probably 5$ at Savers. I could look through every single picture and probably couldn’t find a single one of me wearing them, but I have a lot of memories about them. They were great, and when I’d used them and abused them until they’d ripped in several places I threw them out.

Come to find out they were limited editions. They weren’t in amazing shape when I got them, but damned if they probably wouldn’t have been worth something to someone. You know, a shoe nut, I dunno.  So it got me thinking, what did you have once that you threw away thinking it was trash and come to find out it was actually worth something?



Maybe Bat Shoes are more your style??
I know a certain someone who would LOVE these shoes, if they weren't doll shoes
          I think everyone has one of these… Jesse let his little brother play with all of his vintage Starwars action figures. Little brother wasn’t exactly kind to them. Now, several years later, they could be worth a lot of money to the right collector. So I’d like to hear your stories… I know this post is short, and kinda lame… but I’m going to include some fun pictures of shoes and hopefully you will give me stories!! I have a very AWESOME exclusive post for you all coming up that I’m STOKED about. But I can’t tell you much more about it yet. Also make sure you’ve signed up for my give away with Bag of Holding! Your time is almost up!!



Okay people! Leave your comments of your Cash into Trash stories!! And as always, keep reading!
Category: 3 comments

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last pair of shoes is frightening just for the faux fur!

Angie said...

I concure with Rhianna, those shoes ARE frightening! I had a full set, in box (although the boxes were a tad messed up) of New Kids on the Block "hangin tough" edition dolls. the dolls were in extremely good condition, had all their clothing no scuffs or anything on them. NKOTB is now on tour w BSB (doing the world tour now) and could have been worth a LOT of money to a Block Head (as those fans are called). i didn't toss them, I gave them to my two little girls to play with.

Anonymous said...

I remember that Pam and I used to play "dress up" with our Mom's (your grandmother) green maribou feather short jacket. She used to wear it on the stage when she sang in night clubs. Years later I mourned the loss (or shredding) of it as it would have made the greatest piece to wear over a black dress.

Post a Comment