Mama Chocolate

Mama's Chocolate

    A chocoholic's new addiction! 

 I love chocolate, anyone that has seen my tweets or knows me is aware of this. It is second only to my love of my three children. Although on some days I wonder about that. Don't worry I'm kidding, today anyway. {Winks}
    Recently my sister and I hosted the engagement party for my brother and his fiance. Not an easy task of course. The weekend before the big shindig was my mother's birthday. She also loves chocolate, so I blame her for my addiction. While shopping at Wegman's for the party food we came across a triple chocolate cake that I just KNEW Mom would love.
   
   That's right, THREE different types of chocolate. My Soon-To-Be-Sister-In-Law and I decided to get it for her, along with a nice bottle of ChocoVino. I was pretty excited about both of course. Especially because I've never had chocolate wine. So after a yummy home-made pizza night we let the kids play and then sang Happy Birthday to Mom.


   It was a long day so I was definitely in need of something with a little bit more kick than milk with my cake. Admittedly I was skeptical about ChocoVino. I mean, chocolate with WINE?! Yea it doesn't really sound appealing to me. Maybe because I'm not really a big wine drinker (my preference here) to begin with. Or maybe because I'm a chocoholic that doesn't like to dilute the yumminess of my addiction. Who knows? Either way, I sliced up the cake & poured some glasses for my STBSIL and I (Mom doesn't drink).
Me on the right & STBSIL Cheryl on left
   STBSIL was very excited to have some vino with me. Now I know why. Can we say YUM?? Not only was that cake as light, fluffy, and delicious as it looks but the wine was just as yummy as the cake. Who knew fusing together two such different flavors would work so well? But they did, at least to me and STBSIL. We didn't finish the bottle that night, after all we had party stuff to finish prepping for. I did however eventually finish it. It was good to the very last drop. 
    I credit the STBSIL for the suggestion of the ChocoVino. Thanks Sis! I raise my glass to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment