Let it snow... Let it snow...

 
     I should be reading, I should be cleaning, I should be playing with my son, but I'm blogging. There's a good foot plus of snow outside my window and the fireplace is on because I'm not paying for the electric bill and because my father turned it on. James is in his jumper beating the crud out of the little sun stuck inside a ball. He's doing this new head tilt thing whenever he looks at stuff that I think is pretty near the cutest thing ever, the new noises he's making are not so cute, somewhere between a squeal and squawk and a screech. I’m seriously considering raising it up because sometimes when he bounces I’m sure he’s about to break the springs, but he’s such a shortie that if I raise it up he will never be able to even get his toes on the ground.

     I realized today that I’ve so far only written about books. This must be rectified right now. As I’m writing a cup of my Starbucks Caramel coffee is cooling on my side table. After it’s cool and I’ve drank it all down I may actually go to  a Starbucks and get a chai tea latte (no water, extra pumps of syrup, countered with nonfat milk to give myself the illusion of health.) I’m also drinking a detox tea to assist in my weight loss and I’ve heard its good to help clear out the junk that builds up in your system. Whatever it does it tastes like what I would imagine hot dirt might taste like. I slug it down as fast as possible. Of course this detox might be going a little better if I didn’t follow it with a glass of my favorite wine: Yellow Tail pino nior. Yeah it’s a cheap wine but we can’t all be wino snobs. I just enjoy that it’s a red wine that doesn’t make my tongue feel three sizes too big and stuffed with cotton. Then as my LO has his final bottle I will be winding down with a giant cup of Sleepy Time Extra tea. It has valerian root in it so it actually helps you go to sleep unlike the old Sleepy Time which was just calming.

     Those are a few of my favorite beverages… I enjoy mixing up the Starbucks coffee brews with the vanilla on occasion and I will probably double my trips to Starbucks during their holidays to get my favorite seasonal drink: Gingerbread syrup in a white mocha or the Pumpkin Spice in my Chai tea. I’m pretty much a sweet addict can you tell? What are YOUR favorite drinks? Do you have a drinking routine like I do?  Keep reading… and let me know what you’re reading so I can go snag it on my Kindle. We’ll discuss last night’s realization about the problem with books that need a plug later today in another post!
Category: 3 comments

3 comments:

rrhiannon99 said...

Howdy :D

I've been re-reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander - it's always a favorite and pleasure to read, even though it's been read many times before.

Read Drink and Be Bloggy said...

I love those books. I was going to do a general review of them on here sometime soon. I read them during my pregnancy but go stuck around book five. That's when jamie was born and now I find that lengthy books just aren't gonna be happening.

Kristin Mosher said...

The new Starbucks "Blonde" coffee is really nice. Especially freshly ground. Milder tasting, good afternoon coffee. I'm seriously addicted to coffee though, I mean if I don't get my coffee IMMEDIATELY after I wake up, I'm not a happy camper. Thank goodness for coffee makers with a timer built in, I'd never get out of bed without one. Is the next episode of "Intervention" gonna be about me? haha

Post a Comment